The Harley-Davidson MT350 Military Motorcycle
The Harley-Davidson MT350 was manufactured in the United States , and was a
development of its predecessor : the Armstrong MT500.
It was manufactured between 1993 and 2000, for MoD Contract No: LV2A/067.
Approximately 1700 units were supplied to the British Forces for use in the UK ,
(including Northern Ireland ), West Germany , Cyprus and in the Gulf. The model
in 500cc form, was also supplied in the U.S on the open market for civilian use
through H-D Dealerships and over the Internet.
Important improvements over the previous model include electric start and
disc brakes, and the Armstrong's rear panniers were replaced by front mounted
plastic removable pannier boxes. A lower centre stand made operation easier.
Dual purpose on/off road bike.
- 348cc four stroke, twin port, single cylinder ohc engine with four valves
- Bore and Stroke 79.5 mm x 70.4 mm
- Power: 29.5 BHP @ 8000 rpm
- Torque: 27.9 NM @ 6500 rpm
- Ignition: CDI electronic ignition, independent of battery/alternator system
- Lubrication: Dry sump "oil in frame" with pressure feed through engine and
- Washable primary and replaceable element secondary filters
- Air Filtration system: Paper element
- Carburettor: H-D CV type carburettor as standard
- Gearbox; 5 Speed constant mesh, pressure lubricated, with wet multiplate
- Final Drive; 520 O ring chain
- Battery : 12volt/14 amp hour
- Alternator: 190 watt
- Headlight: 45/40 watt
- Other: Full Road lighting including indicators, brake lamp, dashboard
warning lights etc
- One piece, all steel frame and swinging arm with taper roller head bearings
and needle roller swinging arm bearings, the latter being greaseable
- Front engine protector unit, steel sump guard, folding foot pegs, main stand
and side stand. Front mounted racks to carry removable plastic pannier boxes
- Marzocchi front suspension with Ohlins twin rear suspension units.
Akront Magnesium alloy rims ; Front 21" Rear 18" With Metzeler Enduro tyres
normally fitted as standard.
230mm Hydraulic Disc Front and Rear
All heavy duty plastic including seat base, side panels, headlamp
cowling, front and rear mudguards, and airbox.
- 0-60 mph in 9.5 sec
- Maximum speed approx 79 mph
- Cruising speed 65mph
- Fuel Consumption : Approx 50-60 mpg
- Range : 120 miles approx
Dimensions and Capacities
- Unladen weight: 160kg approx
- Fuel capacity: 12 litres
- Fuel type : Unleaded or Leaded
- Electric and kickstart
- Single seat
- Manual cable choke
- Blackout switch on electrical system
- Twin mirrors
- Handlebar mounted "Bark-Buster" hand guards
- Headlight guards
- Tyre pumps
- Stainless steel exhaust mufflers
- Mikuni Carburettor kits
- Hand Guards
In addition to stocking quality fully checked examples of the bikes, we also
hold huge stocks of genuine spare parts for the MT500 and MT350, accurately
computer controlled , available by mail order etc.
Most credit and debit cards accepted and normally 24 hr parts despatch.
As from July 2001, we are proud to announce that we are the ONLY
Armstrong MT500 parts supplier actually approved by CCM Motorcycles Ltd, the
Please note certain items are offered subject to availability.
E & OE